Re: WUSB54G firmware

Jim wrote:
FC10/Kde

I'm trying to setup a Linksys WUSB54G and I get this error message from DMESG.

usb 2-2: firmware: requesting l3886usb

usb 2-2: (p54usb) cannot find firmware (isl3886usb)

usb 2-2: firmware: requesting isl3890usb

p54usb: probe of 2-2:1.0 failed with error -2
usbcore: registered new interface driver p54usb

I have googled isl3886USB and can't find the firmware, does anyone know where this firmware
is.

Mine identifies as WUSB54GC on the label, and works with FC{9,10,11} without doing anything special. Now, there are some kernel firmware packages, I would assume you have them installed, although I don't remember seeing anything about it in dmesg.

If you are still stuck I'll fire up FC10 and grab the dmesg, my FC11 is a bit hacked at the moment.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>