Re: WUSB54G firmware

Jim wrote:
On 06/01/2009 01:02 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
2009/6/1 suvayu ali<fatkasuvayu+linux gmail com>:
2009/6/1 Jim<mickeyboa sbcglobal net>:
Modules that are loading

p54usb                 14208  0
p54common              20452  1 p54usb
mac80211              194224  2 p54usb,p54common

As you can see from this device list, your adapter is not there.
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/p54/devices

A correction there, on scrolling down I see your device is listed, but
has a different name for the firmware. So the revised steps should be,

download the firmware for 'miniPCI / PCMCIA' and rename it to 'isl3886'

and *not* isl3890usb. Sorry for the mix-up mate.

GL

But the device I have is a  WUSB54G is a USB device.
The Firmware I downloaded is for the kernel I have and the firmware is the isl3886usb
but another person told me to rename it to /lib/firmware/isl3890usb
Am I missing something here ?

Something that puzzles me is, I have X86_64 box here, shouldn't this firmware be located in /lib64/firmware ?

Firmware has nothing to do with the OS or mode of the CPU, it runs in the device. /lib/firmware does it.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>