Graphics card recommendation?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jun 2 02:19:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 01:21:30 +0200,
  Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> A Radeon 9250 might end up being the best choice, it's not the most powerful
> graphics card out there, but it's cheap, it does have a TCL engine and 3D
> acceleration just works.

I think you are likely to get more bang for your buck with a 9200 than
a 9250 (which is a slightly slowed down 9200).

Also of note is that in F11 my 9200 isn't working very well. I expect that
to change over the next several months, but I've noticed that these cards
are not the highest priority for the few guys working on video drivers.

It might be interesting to hear from some owners of R300 based cards on
how well their stuff works right now.