Gnome keyring password prompt on login

Any ideas why my Fedora 10 desktop login prompts for a GNOME keyring password on login (which I've manually set at some point) and my F10 laptop doesn't (or at least, no longer does: I think it used to)?

Is it defaulting (on the laptop) to locking the default keyring with my a/c password? Is it, in fact, no longer password protected? How can I tell? (when accessing WiFi passwords)

--
[neil fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil fnx ~]# ls -l .signature