Re: OT: Can Reformatting A Hard Drive To ext3 Destroy All the Data On It?

On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 12:52 -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> I like to put the drives on a sidewalk and whack them a few times with
> an 8 lb sledge hammer.  When I pick up the drive and shake it and it
> makes a nice jingling sound, the job is done.

Wouldn't you love to see someone doing that out the front of a computer
shop, just as some customers were about to come in to get their PC
fixed?   ;-)  You could imagine them turning around and walking away as
fast as they could manage.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686