Re: F10 stuck at grub -

Frank Cox wrote:
On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 17:37:35 -0400
Bob Goodwin wrote:

       I just ran the Fedora 10 Livecd [gnome] install as I have done
        several times from this CDROM. All seemed to go normally but it
        wont boot, just begins and stops with grub and a blinking cursor
        at which point I can't enter anything from the keyboard.

Boot from a rescue CD (the live cd will probably work) and type "linux rescue"
at the prompt.

After getting to a prompt run "chroot /mnt/sysimage" and then
"grub-install /dev/sda".

Type exit twice and the computer should reboot and will then work.

I guess I will have to make a boot disk, the livecd goes right on about it's business. I see no chance to enter "linux rescue."

Thanks I will do as you suggest as soon as I get some other domestic chores behind me.

Bob