Re: Are you using LXDE?

John Aldrich wrote:
On Tuesday 02 June 2009, Alan Cox wrote:
Can you supply a package name? I tried "yum install noveau" and didn't
find squat. :-(
On the T61 I have:

xorg-x11-drv-nouveau-0.0.11-1.20090106git133c1a5.fc10.x86_64

and in /etc/X11/xorg.conf set

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "nouveau"
EndSection

if it currently says "nv" or "vesa"

I don't HAVE an xorg.conf. How does one configure Fedora 10 to use the nouveau driver if one does not have an xorg.conf? I know that the "old" way used to be to hand-edit the xorg.conf, but since that doesn't exist any more, I'm at a loss for how to fix this. I know that it's installed as when I tried to install it earlier yum said it was already installed.

I think you can pick which display driver you want to use from one of the menus in System>>Administration. Right now at work so can't confirm the exact menu with the option, sorry.

HTH

--
Suvayu