Re: WUSB54G firmware

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Jim, mine uses something called rt73.bin and I have no idea how it got in
/lib/firmware... But that's what it appears to use.

rt73 is a Ralink firmware, it has nothing to do with the OP's Prism WLAN.
It comes from the rt73usb-firmware package.

Let me state the facts and you can tell me why they don't mean the obvious... when I plug in the WUSH54G device, the disk blinks, the device blinks, and a wireless connection is made. On looking at the files in /lib/firmware I see that the most recently accessed file is rt73.bin. And that if I boot without plugging in the WUSH54G device that firmware is not accessed.

I didn't pull that filename out of the sir, I looked to see what firmware was accessed. Are you saying that the access when the device is used is just a coincidence?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>