No icons or panels in Desktop, just wallpaper

I'm a beginner and had got a Fedora core 7 in my Laptop., It worked fine in the first days. But now on logging in to the desktop there is no Panels or Icons in the desktop. Just the Wallpaper. The cursor appears and it can be moved. I can't do anything., I just restarted. Done it many times but same thing happens.
Configuration
Intel Celeron-M 560, 2.13/1M/533
512MB DDRII 667
80GB SATA HDD