Re: Where is eth0/eth1/assigned -

>>> Actually, it's probably in your /etc/modprobe.conf file.
>>     /etc/modprobe.conf is an empty file?
>>     Do I need to use it to change the eth designation? Don't know how
>>     but ...
> Used to...it's possible that it's being done via udev, at this point.
> Lemme look around at ethtool and udev info.
Did a little googling of "udev eth designation" and found this:

The short of it is to edit /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules.

You can remove the line for eth0, then take the line for eth1, and as long
as the "ATTR{address}" line matches the MAC address of your current eth1
NIC, just change:

Reboot, and voila!!!

Mike Burger

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS