Grub problem.

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 4 21:44:42 UTC 2009

Erik P. Olsen wrote:

> Tried a last time to chainload into (hd1,8) but got "Geom error", so I am
> probably stuck with the first solution which is OK until I dump the F10 system.

being that you are running raid, i am not [yet], and there is a difference,
log this page http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/ and chose a manual.

i pulled html and pdf last year to get my head into grub, but i did not
get into sections for raid. i did skim them and from what i recall and
i have seen in post on this tsl, there is a difference.

i wish i could help you further with your geometry error. possibly if you
post some detail of how you are setup and what full error message is,
someone else on list can give you further help.

being that grub manual is a quick download, i would suggest you pull a copy
and read up on what and how of grub.

i apologizes for not being of help with raid.

later.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****