Re: config network-manager

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 17:22:31 +0200
> François Patte wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I have seen this. But everytime I reboot the system, wired and
>> wireless connection are ticked and everytime nm chooses to connect
>> trough wireless....
>>
>> Is there somewhere a config file where I can tell nm that the default
>> connection is the wired one.
>
> I did this on my main laptop a while back but I can't remember exactly what I
> did.  It may have have something to do with removing the word "auto" in the
> description.  My intention was to be able to connect manually to either one of
> my two WAP's, without the machine making the choice for me.
>
> I know that it was pretty straight-forward to do but again, I can't remember
> exactly what I did.  But it can be done.

Things must have changed, or something. I know the default was to
use the wired connection, if the link was up, and change to the
wireless connection if it was not. It is probably still a
configuration option. (I am not on my laptop, so I can not check it.)

Mike

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.