Skype under Fedora-10

Gabriel Ramirez gabriello.ramirez at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 03:56:23 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Gabriel Ramirez wrote:
>> the only one alternative in opensource was jabber
>
> No, there's SIP too. At least Ekiga supports video in addition to audio.
>
>> I discarded SIP because is create another account
>
> So why do you say earlier that there's only Jabber?

Well I knew about SIP, but I'm/was searching a replacement to Instant
messaging with Voice/Video included, SIP don't cover IM, so in my user
scenario (different from the OP) I discarded SIP.

> That said, at least the M$N protocol is supported by Free Software, unlike
> the Skype one. So it's not that big a problem.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

yeah but still it's a workeable/liveable problem because when Microsoft
change the protocol, ( by itself isn't a problem the protocol is
property  of Microsoft ) and the open source clients need be updated, so
not a "perfect" solution exists today for me.

Gabriel