Re: Will F11 save sessions?

"Kevin J. Cummings" <cummings kjchome homeip net> writes:
> Why should that be any different?  My cable modem and router are
> plugged into the same UPS as my home server.  That way, when we first
> lose power, we don't lose the Internet connection (unless the ISP has
> also lost power), nor do we lose the wireless connection to the
> laptops which have batteries.

Same here, the intention is to plug vital stuff into the UPS.

I've heard way too many stories of companies with backup generators etc
that worked just fine during testing, but failed during a real blackout
because something somewhere was plugged into line power and only worked
when the real power was available.

Do you really trust that you know where the tangle of 20+ line cords
near the UPS all go?  ;-)

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              Android 1.5 (Cupcake) and Fedora-11