Flood blocking

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jun 7 13:35:48 UTC 2009

Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 17:32 -0600, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>
>> And even if it's a temporary block, say lasting 5 minutes, that
>> shouldn't adversely affect mailing lists, I don't think.
>>

> That depends on the list.  Some will automatically suspend you for one
> or two failures.

I don't see a problem since the type of block being proposed would not
result in an SMTP 5XX permanent error.  It would simply result in a
requeue of the email on the sending side in much the same way as the
server being down on the receiving side or a network error between the
servers.

If there is no wind, row. -- Polish proverb Mei-Mei.Greshko at greshko.com
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg