graphical interface to ppp

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Sun Jun 7 15:44:10 UTC 2009

Le 06/06/2009 18:50, Frank Cox a écrit :
> On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 11:37:13 +0200
> François Patte wrote:
>

>> That was my first idea: I try to get to grips with NM, but I did not see
>> anything which could be a way to configure NM to dial any phone number.
>>
>> If I open the config interface, I have only: wired, wireless, broadband
>> mobile phone, vpn and dsl.
>
> Have you created the ppp device with system-config-network?

Yes. And? Nohing has changed for NM. Here is my ifcfg-ppp0:

TYPE=Modem
DEVICE=ppp0
BOOTPROTO=dialup
ONBOOT=no
USERCTL=yes
PEERDNS=yes
AC=off
BSDCOMP=off
VJCCOMP=off
CCP=off
PC=off
VJ=off
LINESPEED=115200
MODEMPORT=/dev/ttyS0
IDLETIMEOUT=600
PROVIDER=orange
DEFROUTE=no
PERSIST=no
PAPNAME=myself
WVDIALSECT=orange
MODEMNAME=Modem0
DEMAND=no
IPV6INIT=no
NM_CONTROLLED=yes
PPPOPTIONS=

But I cannot see any ppp-like section in NM

PS. Why my replies to Frank Cox mails to the list are only sent to Frank
Cox and not to the list? It seems to only occur with some people...

- --
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique
Université Paris Descartes