Re: Flood blocking

On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 07:15:58 -0700,
  "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang rupprecht+gnus200906 gmail com> wrote:

> I think you have to decide if such a thing is a good idea by asking
> yourself what would happen if a larger percentage of the recipients did
> this.  And if the mailing list were large, the server would be asked to
> do quite a bit more work.  Normally mail gets delivered and is out of
> the queue in a matter of seconds.  Some user with a losing SMTP server
> such as this is asking the upstream to do extra work.  Some might agree,
> others might not.

What is supposed to happen is that when doing grey list like things, is that
you are supposed to white list know good sources so that they don't have
to do extra work all of the time. Some grey list systems will automatically
white list good ip envelope from pairs so that you don't have to do a lot
of manual work to make this happen.