Re: Flood blocking

Tim:
>> That depends on the list.  Some will automatically suspend you for one
>> or two failures.

Ed Greshko:
> I don't see a problem since the type of block being proposed would not
> result in an SMTP 5XX permanent error.  It would simply result in a
> requeue of the email on the sending side in much the same way as the
> server being down on the receiving side or a network error between the
> servers.

You'd expect that, but it's not how some servers work.  One bounce, and
you're instantly suspended.  Keep doing it, and you'll get blacklisted.
Sometimes automatically, sometimes by a list admin who's tired of
dealing with MASSES of bounces.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686