Re: Gnome keyring password prompt on login

Around about 02/06/09 16:28, Todd Zullinger typed ...
I'll bet on the laptop, you've got a login.keyring and on the desktop,
you've got a default.keyring in ~/.gnome2/keyrings.

I'll check that. I do recall that I had some issue a short while back on the laptop that it somehow stuffed the keyring it had been using, and either wouldn't unlock it or kept complaining that there wasn't a default. I think I manually deleted what was there and created what it was asking for (default, I think).

I'll also play with having the password the same as my login, although I think I'd rather it were diff.; I wasn't worried about having to type the password when logging into the laptop, more that I *wasn't* having to on one and was on the other.

Although if I'm going to be habitually typing it straight after I've typed my main password, maybe there's not much point. It's only got wifi jobbies in there ATM anyway.

--
[neil fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil fnx ~]# ls -l .signature