Downgrading hplip?

Just curious: Anyone know if it is possible to downgrade the newest
version of hplip that will be in fedora 11 to the old version
from fedora 10? Looks like the new version has lost the ability
to set the media tray correctly :-(.

https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/63943

Just wondering if lots of things depend on hplip or if it is
pretty much stand alone and could be replaced without also
involving all of cups and sane, etc? (I suppose I'll find out
when I try, but just wonder if it is worth trying).