Re: Packet Manager

2009/6/8 davide <lists4davide gmail com>:
> Il Mon, 08 Jun 2009 12:51:33 -0600, Kevin Kempter ha scritto:
>>
>> Have a look at yumex
>
> Kevin, Mick thank you for the answer.
>
> Is there an option for command line?
> Just to be sure if something go wrong I can manage things from console.
>
> by the way Yumex seems very very good.

aptitude is a really awesome piece of tool. I use it at work. But yum
with yum-utils and rpm can be very powerful. It lacks a nice interface
like aptitude, but once you are familiar with most of the capabilities
of yum, yum-utils and rpm they can be more effective than aptitude.

Have a look at their man pages to see what I mean.
http://linux.die.net/man/8/yum
http://linux.die.net/man/1/yum-utils
http://linux.die.net/man/8/rpm

The various tools in yum-utils have separate man pages so be sure to
check them out too.

GL

--
Suvayu