Re: forcing programs to use a proxy setting

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 01:43 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> This isn't an issue of real significance on its own, but it raises an
> interesting question -- how can one force programs like Buoh to use a
> proxy for its network access?

About the only way to do any forcing is to set up TCP/IP redirection
rules to redirect traffic going out to certain ports to go to your
proxy, instead.  What's known as "transparent proxying."

Though, that's something I always argue against.  Some things just do
not work well through proxies, or at all.  And having no way to access
them, other than through a proxy, can make it impossible to use such
things.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686