Memory

All,

I'm new to linux and I've got a FC10 with no server database or other servers (that I can think of) up yet - SAMBA maybe.

Anyway, my memory last night was up to 2GB - I expected a basic system to be 500m or less...?!

How can I find out the culprit processes and make my system leaner? Any website to tell me what each processes in memory does to check if I need it?

Thanks

--
Yoram Halberstam