Re: SMART - Please shut up!!

On 6/9/2009 3:23 PM, Andrew Jamison wrote:
> Ok i understand the reasoning behind displaying when drives are failing
> using SMART but for the love of all that is holy is there a shut up
> button somewhere? I knew the first 40 times that it told me my drive was
> failing i do not need a reminder every time i login how do i disable
> this notification.

If it was *me* I would replace the harddrive. That would do two things.
It solves the major problem, the dying HD, and also eliminates the dying
HD warning.  :-)

Or you can turn this dying HD warning off in the computers BIOS. That's
where mine is set yo on. That will turn off the warning so that one day
it will just die a peaceful surprise death. Taking your data with it.

--

  David