Re: SMART - Please shut up!!

Right now I'm getting the Palimpsest failure warning as a result of a
single reallocated sector.  Smart's overall-health assessment is PASSED.
 I have Smart output from a former 8 GB drive (replaced due to
obsolescence, not failure) showing 373 reallocated sectors, and Smart's
assessment on that was also PASSED.  IMO gnome-disk-utility (Palimpsest)
should rely on Smart's assessment, and only provide additional warnings
if the disk stats change (and then just once, not every single login).
If Smart isn't strict enough, that should be changed.

That is what is happening with me i have 2 bad sectors and SMART passes but palmiset does not