Re: Fedora version supporting Poulsbo

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 15:21:15 -0600
"Rao, Meghana S" <meghana s rao intel com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to boot Fedora 10 on Poulsbo chipset but am unsuccessful. Can anyone suggest what version of Fedora supports the Poulsbo chipset?

Poulsbo is a bit of a "winputer" chipset.

You might get it to kind of work if you have a new enough kernel and the
BIOS IDE setting for AHCI but the video will suck totally if you can even
get it to work with the vesa driver.

If possible get a "normal" Intel chipset system instead and leave that one
for Windows.

Alan