Re: Running 2.6.27 on F11 instead of 2.6.29

Joonas Sarajärvi wrote:
2009/6/8 suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux gmail com>:
2D acceleration is good enough for me. I don't even run compiz. But
the open source drivers can't even boot to runlevel 5 for my hardware,
let alone a working desktop. I had to do a text install to get F10 on
this box. I got a working gui only after I got the fglrx stuff from
RPMFusion installed from runlevel 3. However I have to admit the last
time I tried the open source drivers was early this year (around
February-March). Have they changed enough to warrant another try?

The radeon driver has seen a lot of improvements in the past monhs.
I'd recommend trying at least with a F11 livecd (they are installable,
too). You graphics hardware is at least supposed to be supported by
the radeon driver, as the other R700 generation cards are.

My RadeonHD 3650 works fine in Fedora 11.

Happy to report that the XFCE LiveCD for F11 x86_64 booted without any hiccups. :) Thanks for all the replies.