Re: Graphics card recommendation?

Hi,

> If you can part with around $40 US, you can find nVidia Quadro FX 2000 cards
> that will knock your socks off (yes, OVERKILL).
Depends, just because its called Quadro doesn't mean its fast.
Some of my collagues have Quadros which are identical to Geforce-6200,
barely capable of playing any games.

> Other options would be an nVidia 'consumer' class card - GeForce FX 5200 (or
> higher, like 6200, etc.) w/128MB or more RAM.
I can't recommend a 5200, its not even supported by latest drivers.

Short: If you like to play OpenGL games, go for a serious NVidia card.
If not, the radeon's will give you an excellent 2D experience, without
the fear of loosing official driver support.

- Clemens