Re: /dev/sr0 disappeared after upgrade f9->f10

Alan,

Thanks for your input.

I'll be waiting for 2.6.29 and see if it works then.

Regards,
Olivier

2009/6/10 Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 15:43:59 -0500
Bruno Wolff III <bruno wolff to> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 18:04:52 +0100,
>   Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk> wrote:
> > On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 18:12:43 +0200
> > Olivier Robert <robby57 gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm facing a weird issue with /dev/sr0. It disappeared after the upgrade
> > > from f9 to f10.
> >
> > To quote The Prisoner  "We need information" ....
>
> You mean number 2.
>
> And of course, number 6's reply of "You won't get it." makes this probably
> not the best example.

Chuckle

However in this case we did - and it means I've got some things to look
into. Its either both devices trying to talk at once (confused cable
select perhaps) or us making a hash of the speed/mode setup. Some cases
of that have been fixed by 2.6.29 so the errata kernel might work.

Promise is probably the most problematic IDE driver we have and its one
of those annoying "works for most people including the author" things so
I've not been able to pin it down in depth.

Alan (number6 the-village bc nu)