Howto stay in Rawhide?

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Jun 10 12:47:06 UTC 2009

Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been updating from an Fedora11-Alpha installation all the time.
> However lately only few updates arrived, so I guess I've been migrated
> to Fedora-11 repos instead of Rawhide.
>
> I also tried:
>> yum --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=rawhide update

Have you looked at the rawhide repos to see if what you want is there?
Point your favorite WWW browser at them and look at the package names.

> However I didn't get any updates.
> I was hoping for maybe Kernel-2.6.30, a newer intel driver as well as
> maybe KDE-4.3 beta?
>
> Isn't there simply a lot going on on rawhide for now?
>
> I like Fedora-11, but not enough to wish to stay with it ;) (like it
> was the case with Fedora8)
>
> Thanks, Clemens

My guesses would include:

1) Use preupgrade to get back on Rawhide

2) Download the Rawhide version of fedora-release RPM and install that.

3) Edit the repo files in /etc/yum/repos.d to disable the F11 repos and
enable the Rawhide ones.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com