Upgrade to F11 fails on Thinkpad T23

Upgrading to F11 on a T23 fails after
"Waiting for NetworkManager to configure eth0"
fails with the error message
"There was an error configuring your network interface".

What to me seems slightly bizarre is that the upgrade
has already found and used this interface.

I see there were many complaints of the same failure
on upgrading to F10.
It seems a pity that this problem does not seem to have been solved.

Am I alone in thinking that the whole Anaconda setup
has become excessively complicated?
Here, as in much of Fedora, there needs to be an effort to simplify,
as well as to develop, IMHO.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net