Re: f11 install with radeon video still needs to bypass that chip

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:57:51 -0400
Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>    i notice that i still need to install f11 with "basic" video to bypass
> the brokenness with the radeon video driver.  oh, well, maybe someday ...

I recently installed on two different systems with different ATI cards.
One of them I tried to install about 5 times, and the system would
die with random looking problems each time. I eventually told it to
use the vesa driver, and it installed perfectly.

On the other system, it installed perfectly without need for the vesa
driver, so it looks like the response to different cards is different.

I gotta dig up the hardware specifics and submit a bug (or add to
an existing bug).