Re: ISO download very failed

Around 11:53pm on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 (UK time), Kevin J. Cummings scrawled:

> No, that can't be it, as it gives me the same (good) hash with and
> without the -b/-t options.

From man sha256sum:

Note: There is no difference between binary and text mode option on GNU
system.

> Are you running sha256sum against the .iso file?  Or against a burned
> DVD????  sha256sum should only be run against the .iso file before
> burning it.

Against the iso - I haven't burned it, I usually mount it with -loop and
install via nfs.

The bittorrent client I used was transmission, and the drive is OK
afaik.

I think it has got mangled on my machine.  Not a problem, but at least
this thread will flag it if their was a wrong version out there.

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 23:55:44 up 32 days, 10:20,  1 user,  load average: 0.03, 0.03, 0.01