Advanced Installer

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Jun 11 06:08:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 11:13:00 +0000,
  davide <lists4davide at gmail.com> wrote:

> so do you mean I should format my disk, prepare the two layer configuration
> (lvm and dmcrypt) as I prefer and then simply install over it, after
> mounting the prepared disk (probably I should choose: substitute
> the actual linux installation -coculd be different, I used the localized
> version-)? Ok, should be aesily feasable.

Yes. It's a pain but this should work. Remember /boot can't be lvm nor
encrypted, nor for the time being ext4. When you do the actual install
You can ask for a customized layout. That will show your existing block devices
and file systems. You get asked to provide a key for existing encrypted
block devices and you should be able to install to them. (If this doesn't
work it's a bug.)

> ok, actualy I would prefer a minimal installation set and then add what I
>  want with yum and his friends, I noticed a netinstall disk or similar,
>  I'll give a look.

You can use that or any of the install images to do a network install.
(If you already have an install image, there isn't a need to download
another 180 MB image.)