system-config-printer got stupid?

I was redefining the printers in my new fedora 11 install.

In fedora 10, once I fed it the correct IP address for the
correct kind of printer protocol, it automatically
pre-selected the appropriate driver in the subsequent
pages.

In fedora 10, I had to manually pick the vendors (HP
and Toshiba for the two printers), but once I did
that, it did indeed figure out the specific model
and preselect that.

Did something break, or is it just a lot faster if the
human picks the vendor first and this is the way it
is supposed to work now?