cnn.com video weirdness solved (though not understood)

Something in my old .mozilla directory was apparently preventing
me from seeing cnn.com video. I could look at youtube, videos
from the mythbusters site, etc, just never got anything to work
on cnn.com.

I could even chroot to my old fedora 10 root and run firefox from
there and see cnn.com videos fine.

Anyway, whatever the heck was going on, starting with a fresh
.mozilla directory made things all better (but I can't
imagine why cnn was singled out - is fedora project
sponsored by fox news maybe? :-).