fc12 out already ?

Andrew Jamison linux at blogmethat.net
Thu Jun 11 22:30:04 UTC 2009

On 6/11/2009 3:45 PM, James Bridge wrote:
> Having just installed F11, I let it do all the upgrades and it then
> failed to load. I reinstalled and looking at the list of updates, I see
> that the kernel upgrade is marked 2.6.30-0.97.rc8.fc12(x86_64). There
> are many others also marked fc12. This must be a very recent change
> because I had already installed F11 and upgraded it succesfully
> (yesterday) but alas due to my own stupidity had to start again
>
> I know F11 was a couple of weeks late but trying to compensate by
> bringing F12 out 6 months early is sure to bring disappointment...

I am guessing you using an older version of the fedora 11 iso one before
it was released. This is problematic because at the time it was composed
F11 was rawhide however now rawhide is development for f12 meaning you
need to download and install a f11 release iso to get the fedora repos
and not the rawhide repos