Re: No audio on F11 and pulseaudio questions

Chris wrote:
2009/6/11 stan <goedigi89__e cox net>:
In /etc/alsa the default device for alsa is set to pulseaudio.  If you move
the file that does that you will get the default alsa device which is the
first sound card on your system.  Then if you kill pulseaudio, it won't
respawn.

I tried moving the file /etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf to /etc/ but it
still respawned when I did a "pulseaudio -k".

That's unfortunate.

It doesn't respawn on F10 x86_64. That is the only change I have made with all the pulseaudio packages installed, and it just works using alsa.

I haven't installed F11 yet, so maybe your experience is providing a warning for me that it isn't going to work anymore once I do.