Re: convert m4a audio files to mp3?

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:07:20 -0600
Kevin Kempter <kevin kevinkempterllc com> wrote:

> How can I convert all these m4a files to mp3?  I tried lame but it
> gives me an 'unsupported format' error.

A nice little graphical tool available in fedora repository is
'soundconverter'.  It can convert individual files as well as entire
folders and it will preserve the id3 tags too (I'm not sure about the
album artwork though).  Just make sure you have the necessary gstreamer
plugins (for m4a you need gstreamer-plugins-bad).

Otherwise I believe iTunes can convert m4a to mp3 too.

HTH,
Srdan