Re: Fresh Fedora 11 fetches 362MB+ of updates, where's deltaRPM?

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
On 06/12/2009 12:35 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:

> Two quick observations:
>
> ONE:
> The system updater downloads and fetches 362.5 MB of fixes and updates
> on the first connection. Where is DeltaRPM?? Do I have to manually
> enable it?? Does it even work?. With DeltaRPM I certianly expected 50
> MB of "bindiffs" rather than fetching 362.5MB of full packages.
>
> Am I missing something in my reasoning?

# yum install yum-presto to enable it.

Thanks Rahul, but I guess you meant:

"Go to System->Administration-> Add/Remove Programs, and select yum-presto".

It's best not to assume that the user is comfortable with the command line, even while I have no problem doing so.

Any idea why yum-presto isn't installed and enabled by default?. One would think it'd be in Redhat and its mirrors best interest to save bandwidth and time for all ....

Thanks!
FC