Fresh Fedora 11 fetches 362MB+ of updates, where's deltaRPM?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 09:11:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Andras Simon <szajmi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/12/09, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:08 AM, Rahul Sundaram
>
> >> # yum install yum-presto to enable it.
> >

> > Thanks Rahul, but I guess you meant:
> >
> > "Go to System->Administration-> Add/Remove Programs, and select
> yum-presto".
>
> I'm pretty sure he didn't, because in that case he would've written
> this, and because  this is desktop environment dependent.
>
> > It's best not to assume that the user is comfortable with the command
> line,
> > even while I have no problem doing so.
>
> You also seem to have no problem lecturing people about _their_ area
> of expertise. Rahul has been dealing with users for quite some time.

Sorry, that's the problem of writen communicti.  I wrote the above as a
tongue-in-cheeck comment. I wasn't lecturing Rahul.
I was just suggesting that maybe the command line approach won't be the best
for newbies that will surely come here escaping from the latest Microsoft
Hindenburg OS releases.

FC