Re: How to disable anacron?

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:38:34 +0200
Chris Rouch wrote:

> A less drastic approach
> would be to remove the jobs in cron.daily and cron.weekly that are
> causing problems (presumably prelink or mlocate?)

There aren't any cron jobs causing problems. Anacron itself
is the problem, running things at random horribly inconvenient
times because it believes they haven't run yet.

I guess a "yum erase anacron" followed by copying
things like /etc/crontab from fedora 10 might work
(with maybe a bit of tweaking).