Re: Not Authorized error adding printer

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 14:53, Frank Cox <theatre sasktel net> wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:16:10 -0700
Donald Russell wrote:

> I run system-config-printer on the F11 system after using "su -" to get root
> access. (Clean install of F11)
> I can go all the way through selecting the proper printer driver and then I
> get the "unauthorized" error.

Checked  your firewall?

No, but I did check my computer name while I was looking at network settings.... after I corrected that, and restarted the network, all was well.

I still can't log in as root from the GUI, but that seems to be by design... I guess I never used that in F10, always SSH in from somewhere else and use su -...