Re: Not Authorized error adding printer

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 15:10, Frank Cox <theatre sasktel net> wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:03:32 -0700
Donald Russell wrote:

> I still can't log in as root from the GUI, but that seems to be by design...

Correct.  It's not a good idea to do that.  If you really must do that for some
reason (I've never found one, myself) look here:

http://www.labtestproject.com/using_linux/step_by_step_how_to_enable_root_login_on_fedora_10

Thanks... good to know... I won't be using it though.... I wish the error message were a little more helpful.... "unable to authenticate" may be accurate, but it's not helpful. :-)

Something like: "User not authorized for GUI" would have made me feel less like there was really something wrong. :-)