Re: Fresh Fedora 11 fetches 362MB+ of updates, where's deltaRPM?

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 7:13 PM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Fernando Cassia<fcassia gmail com> wrote:

This isn't a free, infinite resource.

If you follow the discussion tree you´ll see that the discussion quickly  morphed in all sort of excuses against DeltaRPMs like "my  repository doesn´t implement it so it negates any benefits, switching to another compression  may be better" or that "why don´t we offload cpu usage to the repos" (ridiculous, if someone agrees to host a repository they´re already contributing their bandwidth and ftp/http server, it´s the distros creator´s job to actually, gee, create the RPMs).

FC