Fresh Fedora 11 fetches 362MB+ of updates, where's deltaRPM?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 13 02:47:35 UTC 2009

On 06/13/2009 08:03 AM, Robert L Cochran wrote:

> I don't know how Fedora pays for all the costs of providing updates, I
> never looked too closely at the funding aspects in fact. But someone out
> there is shelling out big money for this. Someone is paying salaries,
> infrastructure, office space, and more. That is the reality of it.

http://fedoraproject.org/sponsors

The mirroring system is tiered these days which helps save cost quite a
bit. A lot of work is done voluntarily as well. Fedora is intended to
remain always free as a community distribution. Red Hat is the primary
sponsor and doesn't directly profit by Fedora but via Red Hat Enterprise
Linux, a Fedora derivative.

Rahul