Choppy mic input in Mumble on F11

Casey Bennett borghunter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 05:04:10 UTC 2009

The title says it all--I'm having choppy mic input in this one program,
Mumble, a VoIP program that uses the Speex library, to the point that
I'm completely incomprehensible. But mic input is fine in all other
programs, like Audacity. And here's the weird part: The choppiness is
cured in Mumble whilst Audacity is open and it is recording (or
recording and paused), but occurs again if I hit stop or close Audacity.
Anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

I'm using a fresh install of F11, incidentally, and PulseAudio is
currently handling my audio duties.