Re: Other host already uses address -

Bob Goodwin wrote:
Partha wrote:
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 08:29:34AM -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
       I have another problem! The thumb drives are not being properly
       detected. They show up in lsusb are listed under Gnome "Places"
       but do not appear on the desktop? I believe they should show up
under /media, ll or cd there results in "No such file or directory"

       I'm beginning to think I've found a computer that doesn't work
with Linux? Is there such a thing ... If there is I would find it!

when you plug them in does something appear in /var/log/messages ?
Yes, when I plug [a 2 gig] in usb 1-8: Product: Disk 2.0
Also lists Manufacturer and SerialNumber on sequent lines.
what does fdisk -l show ?
/dev/sdb1        W95  Fat32

I thought that was the windows partition but now I see it's a different drive and must be the thumb drive. But I can't mount /dev/sdb1 it's not in fstab?
can you mount them manually ?

What do you think I should do next? Those things have always "just worked."

Bob

       Ok, I see on a "good" computer when I plug in a thumb drive it
       is listed in fstab. This is not happening on the "problem" computer!

       Bob