Re: Anaconda fails to install grub

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 09:40:54 -0400,
  Sam Varshavchik <mrsam courier-mta com> wrote:
> When I upgraded to F10, Anaconda somehow failed to do whatever it needs
> to do with grub. The first reboot after an upgrade threw me into a grub
> command line shell. After initializing grub by hand, and booting up,
> rerunning /sbin/grub-install fixed it.

I have had grub come up in minimal shells a few times over the last several
months, but not specifically when doing full system upgrades. So the cause
might be different. I did file 496532 for a fresh install where this
happened. 496093 which deals with a memory corruption bug, might also be
involved.