Re: F11: Resume from hibernate on X61 laptop.

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Jason Ish <ish unx ca> wrote:
Hi All.

I'm hoping I just missed something here.  I recently installed F11 on my Lenovo X61 laptop without a swap partition, I've since added one (and set it up in /etc/fstab) as I'd like hibernate to work.

Currently hibernate will go down, but it will not come back.  When booting up, the swap part of the init process just says something about user space swap data found, reinitializing.

Did not installing swap from the beginning cause an issue here?  I ask, b/c suspend and hibernate just worked on this laptop with F9 and F10.

Thanks for any help.

I have installed Fedora 11 with a 200 MB /boot, 25 Gig EXT4 root, and 1.5 Gig Swap partition.

Hibernate starts, and works. But upon resume, I get a black screen and a stuck mouse pointer, with some disk activity every minute or so.

Btw: it's a desktop, not a laptop, but still, the first system where I got hibernate to work was a Pentium 1 133Mhz desktop running OS/2  Warp 4.0 around 13 years ago, in a galaxy far, far away. ;-)

fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list redhat com